The Finance Committee advises the Board and the Executive on financial matters relating to the operations of the OCFP including investment policies. The Finance Committee prepares an annual budget for the OCFP which is reviewed by the Executive Committee and presented to the Board for approval.The Chief Executive Officer oversees the day-to-day financial operations of the OCFP and reviews and presents monthly reports to the Executive, and quarterly reports to the Board. The Finance Committee reviews the annual audit of the OCFP's financial affairs and presents the audit, together with any comments, to the members at the Annual General Meeting, as well as making a motion for reappointment of the audit firm for the upcoming year at that time.
The Finance Committee will:
- Oversee the preparation of an annual budget;
- Review the budget with the Executive Committee and present it to the Board for approval;
- Review financial statements with the Executive Committee and the Board at each meeting, through the Chair;
- Advise the Executive Committee and the Board on all financial matters related to the operations of the Ontario College, including investments policies;
- Oversee the annual external audit process with the auditors appointed by the Members at an annual general meeting; and
- Present, at an Annual General Meeting, the annual audited financial statements of the Ontario College, including auditor’s comments to the Members, and recommend to the members the auditors for the following year’s audit.
The 2012-2013 Committee members are as follows:
Dr. Cathy Faulds, Secretary-Treasurer
Dr. David Tannenbaum
Dr. David White
Dr. Jonathan Kerr
Dr. Frank Martino
Susana Gonzalez, Director, Corporate Affairs